Inhale to Exhale
Pause, Reflect and Reset in the midst of constant change
What might we gain from slowing down and pausing for a while even as we feel increasing urgency in our fast-paced world to address the social injustice and climate change crisis our world faces?
About the symposium
Date: 8 – 9 November 2022
Venue: Cape Point Vineyards, Noordhoek, Cape Town
The IPASA Annual Philanthropy Symposium is a unique annual event exclusively for grant-makers, which is focused specifically on issues and opportunities relevant to funders in South Africa. The symposium provides an ideal platform for funders to connect, learn, share and collaborate.
The 2022 Annual Philanthropy Symposium is a two-day in-person event which will be held on the 8th and 9th November. The Symposium theme: Inhale to Exhale: Pause, Reflect and Reset in the midst of Constant Change, will allow delegates to:
- pause amongst the constant sense of urgency and relentless pace of change in order to review all that has been done and all that has changed over the last few years since Covid created a new normal in our world
- reflect on the lessons learnt, what worked, and what still needs to be further developed or changed and
- reset to allow philanthropy to prepare itself to take decisive and strategic collective action to address the pressing issues our country currently faces.
The symposium will include presentations, panel discussions and facilitated break-away sessions looking at both funding priorities and funding practices including:
- How do we as funders link education with employment initiatives to fully address the employment crisis in our country?
- How do we as funders address the intersectional critical issues of climate change and social justice in our country?
- Which funding practises need to change in order to achieve real impact in these current times? Which new practises do we need to adopt?
- What is the best role philanthropy can play in uncovering, shaping and amplifying solutions to the numerous intersecting crises facing our country to build a more just, equitable, and sustainable future?
This year’s programme has been designed to ensure maximum opportunity for delegates to connect, share and learn from each other.
Click here to download the full programme.