What is Philanthropy?
Philanthropic giving focuses on the systemic issues and root causes of the challenges we face in our society.
Distinct from charity, that offers short-term relief, philanthropy involves analysis, reflection and clear purpose.
Institutionalised philanthropy through the formal establishment of philanthropic foundations based on an endowment creates long term opportunities for sustainable giving.
Promote, support and advance independent philanthropy in South Africa
- Promote good philanthropic practice in SA
- Promoting philanthropic collaboration
- Support the growth and transformation of philanthropy in SA
- Representing a united voice for philanthropy in South Africa
- Disseminating knowledge and resources relating to philanthropy in South Africa
- Advancing, supporting, promoting philanthropy in South Africa
- Growing and transforming philanthropy in South Africa