Members experience opportunities to engage with colleagues in the philanthropy sector through :
• Annual General Meeting of IPASA members
• Peer Learning and Sharing Workshops
• Social Events
• Annual Conference
• Web platform
In addition to the above, being part of this unique philanthropic community offers a range of other benefits :
• A confidential space to share experiences, concerns and challenges with others working in the sector.
• Strengthening your networks.
• Exploring philanthropic challenges and potential solutions with others.
• Opportunities to collaborate and build partnerships with associated funders.
• Building a community of “best practice” and grantmaking ethics.
• Enhancing understanding of the South African developmental context and civil society space.
The Association makes provision for two categories of membership:
“Accredited Members” means such individual and/or juristic persons as may from time to time be admitted to this category of Voting Membership by decision of the Council, at its sole and entire discretion, on the basis of their active involvement in the delivery and support of Independent Philanthropy in South Africa.
“Associate Members” means such individual and/or juristic persons as may from time to time be admitted to this category of Non-Voting Membership by decision of The Council, at its sole and entire discretion, on the basis of their association with and support for Independent Philanthropy in South Africa.
The financial support for the network comes directly from the membership in the form of fees. The membership fee is related to the annual grantmaking spend of the members. The Association has to date further relied on additional funding from its founder members to ensure the annual budget is met. Membership fees are ordinarily due end February of the new year to coincide with the end of the financial year and to allow planning for the following year.
• Level 1 membership : For grantmaking spend of less than R10 million per year – An annual fee of R15 000 applies
• Level 2 membership : For grantmaking spend of between R10 million and R25 million per year – An annual fee of R25 000 applies
• Level 3 membership : For grantmaking spend of more than R25 million per year – An annual fee of R45 000 applies
© Copyright 2016. Independent Philanthropy Association South Africa. All rights reserved.