Making a Meaningful Impact
A culture of giving
IPASA is a locally established, voluntary association of independent philanthropists, private foundations and other organisations associated with philanthropy in South Africa. The concept of independence relates to independence from government and the corporate sector in terms of governance.
We believe that committed and knowledgeable philanthropists can make a meaningful impact and facilitate change for the better in South Africa. By associating as IPASA, philanthropists and philanthropic foundations contribute to a learning agenda, enabling thought leadership amongst members, who come from diverse backgrounds and practice. This facilitates collaboration and builds a culture of giving amongst South Africans. The power of IPASA lies in its ability to bring organisations and communities together that would not otherwise connect.
What we do
IPASA’s key purpose is to extend the reach and impact of philanthropy while representing and promoting the common interests, concerns and objectives of its members.
- Promote good philanthropic practice in SA
- Promote good practice in philanthropy
- Promoting philanthropic collaboration
- Support the growth and transformation of philanthropy in SA
- Representing a united voice for philanthropy in South Africa
- Disseminating knowledge and resources relating to philanthropy in South Africa
- Advancing, supporting and promoting philanthropy in SA
- Advancing, supporting, promoting philanthropy in South Africa
- Growing and transforming philanthropy in South Africa